If you have developer access to the game manager, you can test builds by simply going to https://manage.pley.com, navigating to Game > Builds, and clicking on
Play button to an uploaded build. The game will then be launched.
To allow testing for people without granting them access to the game manager, you must create a release track. Release tracks other than production aren't intended to be accessible by your players. Instead, they are excellent for playtesting, QA, feature experimentation, or simply as an aid in development / liveOps.
By checking the "Enable Secret URL Access", a "secret" URL is generated for you to share with others. This link won't be guessed by your players and let you run tests in a safe environment.
1) If you haven't, upload a build to the Pley Game Manager using the SDK. (Read more)
2) Create a release track as seen above.
3) Create a "New Release" for your QA release track. Make a release for the track. (Read more)
4) Enable "Secret URL access" for your release track.
5) Send the secret URL to anyone who will playtest.
No Permission Needed
Playtesters do not need any form of invite or permission to playtest builds though secret URLs. If someone has access to the Pley Game Manager, they can instead simply play builds without making branch releases under "Builds".
Updated about 11 hours ago